

First I will tell everyone
about Emma's IEP
(individualized education plan) meeting. It went really well. I was not happy at all with Mrs Rios. She is one of the school's "people" who was at the meeting. Lets just say she was less than pleasant and leave it at that! Emma's teacher however is awesome. We are very excited to be in Ms Canady's class next year. We went and visited Emma's new classroom and we could just tell that the kids were in love with Ms Canady. I just know Emma is going to love her. The VP for her new school was there too and she seems so very sweet as well as the vision "guy". I say vision "guy" only because I am not really sure of his official title but I could tell that he is going to be an awesome asset to Emma's education. I am still in denial about Emma actually going to school really, but it will be a good thing I am sure.
We went to Emm'a friend, Brodys', First birthday party. Emma had a blast in the pool. Michael pretty much just had water wars with everyone while Ricky got burnt in the sun. Emma let us stay for a few hours before she partied out and we had to go home.
We spent the following week at Amilia Island. A wonderful family friend of ours offered us about five days at a condo on the beach. Friends came and BBQ'd with us and we spent many hours in the beach front pool! Ricky of course got sun burnt, I however didn't get much sun at all. It was wonderful to get away as a family and just hang out. We had to get Mike to and from school each day but it was well worth the drive. One night my friend Suzie came up for "girl time" and we got to go out to eat, like real adults do, without children and just hang out. I am posting a picture of our night out. We even put on adult clothes, without any stains on them. It really was a great time.
Our week was cut short due to court in SC. I really am not able to talk much about that other than to say it went really well and we are expecting a wonderful outcome!!!
We finally are rid of our home soon. We will be moving into base housing at the end of the month until we have orders and know were we are to go for good. We are really pretty sure we will be staying here, but the navy always has the final say, so as soon as we know, we will let everyone else know.
We found out today that Ricky will be going to Drill in Paris Island at the end of the month. They needed more instructors so he volunteered to go. He is really excited to go. He will be getting TDY orders from his command so he does not have to take any leave.
I think that just about does it for our family updates. I am sure there will be more to come in the near future.

No comments:
Post a Comment