Ricky spent the day yesterday driving past West Palm beach to drop the kids off in Belle Glades for camp. He had to get a government car and drive 3 of them down. It took four hours for them to process in and complete their physical fitness tests. Anyone who wants to read the updates on how Mike is doing at came you can go to the website @ www.rtfl2008@tk. Already they are doing daily 2.5 mile runs in the afternoons and working up to 5 mile runs. I am not sure why those kids love this so much, but they do.
I am still really needing recipes for the kids cook books. I was hoping to have them finished by the end of the week but I only have about 20 recipes at this time. Anyone who has any please send them to recipeskb@aol.com.
The last week in June Ricky and Michael headed off to Parris Island for three days with the Sea cadets. On Friday they returned and Ricky came home while Michael stayed to finish his drill weekend before his year end graduation. I have some pictures of them before they left for graduation. They had such a great time in Parris Island. They got to see what all the Marines do at their boot camp and go through some of it themselves. It was a really good time for them. From what I am told, the kids looked and sounded better when marching than some of the new Marines. Michael really got to do and see a lot of new things. The one thing he took from the entire experience was, he does not want to be a marine :)!
Michael had his year end graduation last Sunday. None of his family was able to attend and he was extremely disappointed. He spend most of the graduation looking around trying to see any of his family other than Ricky, Emma, myself and one of our family friends. I was very disappointed that none of them could be there. This was the biggest day of the year for him. He won every award they gave out. He won the academic award, perfect attendance, community service award, physical fitness award, and he got an award for graduating from a League cadet to a sea cadet along with a promotion. He will have two graduations as well this summer. The graduation on the 21st in Belle glades is a huge deal as well. The Port ops one here locally on the 26th of July will be fun, but it is not as big of a deal. I asked Michael if he wanted me to invite everyone and he told me not to bother, no one would come. So.....to all of Michael's family, you need to make a huge effort to go to Belle Glades @ 9am on June 21st. We are driving down the night before and spending the night in West Palm Beach and possibly staying another night after graduation because the drive is so long. This is a huge deal for Michael and he has worked very hard. He is one of the top cadets and does an outstanding job. I will only be sending invitations to the port op's graduation to people who make it to the Belle Glades graduation. I don't want Michael to be disappointed again by knowing who was invited and who didn't show up.
Here are some pictures of Michael at the last graduation.

No comments:
Post a Comment